Ready to get your
FCC Radio Operators license?
or UPGRADE to even more frequencies?
then attend one of the
2022 VE Testing Sessions
(VE = Volunteer Examiner)
Test Sessions Sponsored by:
South Texas Amateur Radio Club
Registration (paperwork) begins 30 minutes before.
Contact James Ermis at AD5TC@arrl.net for details on next test session
VE test schedule for 2022
The next VE Testing Session will be Saturday October 22, 2022 11am at the North Bay Church of Christ 1501 Denver St Portland Texas (check back for updates). Join Groups.IO for emailed updates of all future testing and club related information.
Walk-ins are welcome! No pre-registration is required*.
Please Review the Testing information below for what to bring with you
* NOTE: If you have special testing needs, you MUST contact a VE or we might not be able to accommodate your requirements!!
ARRL VE Testing Sessions Information
What to bring with you:
- $15 test fee (bring exact change). Effective April 19, 2022 FCC is collecting $35 application fee via the FCC website. Instructions will be provided soon.
- Two #2 Pencils or mechanical pencil
- Photo ID
- Original License and a Copy or 2 Official License printed for the FCC ULS website of your current license class for upgrades. Reference copy will not be accepted. You will also need your FRN if your Original Official License does not show it.
- If you are not currently licensed you MUST create a free FCC Registration Number (FRN) from the FCC website to complete the Form 605 the day of the test. Your FRN will be needed to complete the application as Social Security Numbers are no longer used.
- Optional – Calculator (non-programmable)
You can now fill out Section 1 of the NCVEC Quick Form 605 on your computer, print it out, and bring it with you to the testing session. You will need Adobe Acrobat for this on your computer.
Prior arrangements MUST be made in advance if special needs are to be accommodated. Please contact the coordinator listed above.
Training Manuals from the ARRL are available for Technician, General, & Amateur Extra. Training material is also available from the W5YI Group as well as Ham University. Current Exams and Question Pools
The three current question pools (and any exam designs based on these question pools) are valid as follows:
NEW POOL !!! Technician class (Element 2) Pool is effective July 1, 2022 and is valid until June 30, 2026.
General class (Element 3) Pool is effective July 1, 2019 and is valid until June 30, 2023
Extra class (Element 4) Pool is effective July 1, 2020 and is valid until June 30, 2024.
The Question Pools can be viewed on the ARRL Web at http://www.arrl.org/question-pools.
Since you have internet access (you are looking at this page),
you can also take practice exams on the following web sites!!!!
They really help!!!!
QRZ’s Practice Amateur Radio Exams