Ready to get your
FCC Radio Operators license?
or UPGRADE to even more frequencies?
then attend one of the
2019 VE Testing Sessions
(VE = Volunteer Examiner)
Test Sessions Sponsored by:
South Texas Amateur Radio Club
Registration (paperwork) begins 30 minutes before.
Contact James Ermis at AD5TC@arrl.net for details on next test session
VE test schedule for 2019
March 9: 1pm @ North Bay Church of Christ
May 6: 7pm @ Mt. Olive Lutheran Church
June 22: 1pm @ North Bay Church of Christ
Aug 19: 7pm @ Mt. Olive Lutheran Church
Oct 19: San Patricio County Fairgrounds, Sinton, TX
Walk-ins are welcome! No pre-registration is required*.
Please Review the Testing information below for what to bring with you
* NOTE: If you have special testing needs, you MUST contact a VE or we might not be able to accommodate your requirements!!
ARRL VE Testing Sessions Information
What to bring with you:
- A government issued photo ID. If no government photo ID is available, two forms of ID are required. Contact test coordinator for details
- Any original amateur licenses or CSCEs for which you wish to receive credit.
- A photocopy is also REQUIRED of each of the amateur licenses and/or CSCEs for which you wish to receive credit (please bring the originals too!!!)
- Test fee of $15 cash ONLY!!! Exact change is required!!!
- Two(2) number two pencils
- Optional – Calculator (non-programmable)
You can now fill out Section 1 of the NCVEC Quick Form 605 on your computer, print it out and bring it with you to the testing session. You will need Adobe Acrobat for this on your computer.
If you ALREADY have a radio license, you MUST use your FRN number on the NCVEC 605 instead of your social security number.
Prior arrangements MUST be made in advance if special needs are to be accommodated. Please contact the coordinator listed above.
Training Manuals from the ARRL are available for Technician, General, & Amateur Extra. Training material is also available from the W5YI Group as well as Ham University. Current Exams and Question Pools
The three current question pools (and any exam designs based on these question pools) are valid as follows:
Technician class (Element 2) Pool is effective July 1, 2014 and is valid until June 30, 2018.
General class (Element 3) Pool is effective July 1, 2015 and is valid until June 30, 2019
Extra class (Element 4) Pool is effective July 1, 2016 and is valid until June 30, 2020.
The Question Pools can be viewed on the ARRL Web at http://www.arrl.org/question-pools.
Since you have internet access (you are looking at this page),
you can also take practice exams on the following web sites!!!!
They really help!!!!
QRZ’s Practice Amateur Radio Exams