The rules for using our autopatch are quite simple:
- We ask that you identify yourself by your call sign requesting to use the
- Pause, and if there is no emergency traffic press *
followed by the phone number you wish to call.
- Conduct your phone call in a timely manner, remember, others are listening
and possibly waiting.
- At the conclusion of your call identify yourself by call sign ie ( ...
This is WW5WWW dropping the patch. )
- Use the # sign to drop the autopatch.
- As always, you may not use the autopatch to conduct any business.
- The club also asks that you do not use the autopatch to leave messages on
answering machines or to activate pagers.
- If you get put on hold make sure they aren't playing music, if so drop the
patch and call back.
- Notify or remind people that you call that they are on an amateur radio
communications link and to please conduct themselves accordingly.
10. Try to monitor the repeater and help out if someone
OTHER AUTOPATCH COMMANDS:
Command Function Example
026 Recall TOD in Male Voice 026
(TOD is Time of Day)
027 Recall TOD in Female Voice 027
029 Recall the Date 029
163 Keypad Test 163 123456
164 Recall Software Version 164
187 User Logon 187 xxx yyyy
(where xxx is your 3 digit speed dial # including
leading zeros and yyyy is your password)
188 Recall Who is Logged in 188
189 User Logoff 189
1. LISTEN and make sure no one is using the repeater
2. ID yourself on the repeater,
3. Press the PTT button and enter the command using your DTMF
4. ID after you are done.
Copyright 2010 - South Texas Amateur Radio